Career Counselling is still an uncommon phase for majority of the population. Decisions have been promptly made according to what they believed to be the best without consulting their children’s interest. The child has been led to follow blindly to their parents’ aspirations. This often lead most individuals to go with the flow and put their life at stake by putting up with whatever they comes across. Placing themselves into unwanted circumstances, leading into frustration and stress and if not taken proper precautions, it can be harmful to their physical and mental health.
This can happen also happen due to lack of the right counselling to guide them. Guidance is performance of leading towards your goals while counselling enabled you to cope up with the problems to achieve your aspirations. Guidance and counselling can help you in forming a broader concept towards your ambition and a good basis for life. It is beneficial for the individual to acquire, recognize their talent and the environment they wish to live in.
It helps them to grow, develop progress, ascend, mature and step up educationally, vocationally and socio-personally. It will save time, money and efforts of the individual and provide more insights to the individual. And as the world today is in hunt for the needs of people who are skilled and adhere to their demands, career counselling can remains as the platform to develop the bridge in gap between the industry and the individuals.
Benefits of Career Guidance and Career Counselling:
You have come a long way to reach up to where you are standing right now. It is only normal to be confused with what you want to do in your life. Choosing the right career is one of the most important decisions in life. And as career counselling has come into a trend nowadays, as well as a must need for an individual with a career crisis. You may be confused if they are really trustworthy and doubting if they can lead you to develop an interest. Yes, with the right career counsellor, they will be able to guide you down the lane. They will offer guidance and organize your future career. They are the people who wish to guide the lost child to find his home and are remarkable in understanding the individual potential.
So here are some benefits of Guidance and Career Counselling
- Awareness of career options: Through guidance and counselling, the individual can discover the alternatives available to choose for them in their future career. There are certain scopes which remain undiscovered though it might be well paid. Each individual interest varies and chose a different career path. With the right counselling and guidance, physically and mentally can you prepare yourself for the path you wish to tread on. It helps you to prepare yourself in advance to tackle up the problems. There are certain circumstances when you feel hopeless for the career you have already opted for. Hence, with the help of a counsellor, you will begin to realized the varieties options left to be discover.
- Widen your perception: As maximum individuals are unaware of the availability of several careers in the job market, counsellor can help you to have a broader perspective on your ambition. It allows you to discover the different perspectives available; enabling you to experience wider goals which can help you specifically on the types of interest you have been eyeing on.
- Discover strength and weaknesses: You begin to discover your strong points and weakness hence begin to start working on enhancing your ability. Your ability will be evaluated through a series of steps, for instance, by testing you in aptitude, logical, IQ and based on the result; they will evaluate you to a career that will balance with your strong points. Or say, they will help you to develop your negative sides if that maybe what you seek. Knowledge on strength and weaknesses plays an important role in choosing the suitable career. Counselling is reliable and helped you to unravel your hidden skills and identifying the academic backgrounds to evaluate the student’s potential.
- Motivation: As students often lack the passion towards their future, counselling can help motivates them through the entire processes. It will motivate them to work on the suggested career as they have begun to realize the path needed to follow. The future planning with the right guidance can assist them in setting up long-term objectives to get to the goals and result in progressing at a certain phase. With the realization of their capability and set up of a certain goals, it helps them to forestall challenges and obstacles that come in their path and prepare them ahead of time.
- Pave out your ability: With the skills you have, the counsellor can help you by taking advantage of your strength and introduce you to the firm that requires your skills. Like for example, if your areas falls on writing, he will instruct you to be a content writer or pursue journalism, hence whatever requires your types of skills. And be there to guide you throughout your journey. The skills will be sharpen to be an useful instrument and can land you easily in the job market.
- Provide resources and tools: Counsellor provides resources and provide tools that can benefits in your career path. They will clear the doubts and confusion you have in mind and decide on how to take decisions wisely. They will provide a directional steps and ideas on to grab opportunity that comes in your ways. Most importantly, they can act as a candle to light your path along the way. For a career counsellors understand the market demand of the job, he will be able to land you on a job and thus, even create a new skill for you to take up. It will save you from the trials and error, by allowing you to get ahead of others, probably those who do not seek counselling and have received advice. In addition, it guides you to navigate the complexities of job hunting, career understanding and tips to be followed during interview and so on.