How we spend our day is, of course, how we spend our lives. Something that I want to bring up (that I think is really cool and very much taken into consideration on a daily basis) is Lambert’s law ~ essentially what it states is that you should focus on the most important and mentally draining things at the beginning of the day because if you’ve been working all day and then try to work on an important task at the night, your brain does not function quite well as it might have been doing in the morning.
SOME IMPORTANT TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU OPTIMISE YOUR SCHEDULE IN THE MOST PRODUCTIVE AND EFFICIENT MANNER:
- PLAN YOUR DAY: Every minute spent in planning saves 10 minutes in execution or getting the job done. You can do it by sitting down with a pen and a piece of paper the night before and write down everything that needs to be done the next day. In case you forget to do so, try doing it in the morning. Begin by checking your email, messages, and any missed calls. A fun way to do this could be by making a checklist and you can check the tasks you’ve done. Once you have a list, you have a track to run on. Writing down a list clarifies your thinking and forces you to think at an excessive level which will help you increase your productivity level by 25percent on the very first day. It is seen that all successful people stick to their lists and work accordingly.
- BEAUTY SLEEP: One of the most important things is a good night’s sleep. It’s the foundation of being happy in a lot of cases. If you don’t get good sleep, it can mess with your entire schedule and make you feel grumpy for the rest of the day and eventually decreasing your productivity. A tip would be going to the bed early, using soft pillows or silk pillow covers. Trust me once you start using these pillowcases, you’ll thank me.
- NO DISTRACTIONS, PLEASE: When you start your work you should not have any kind of distractions. And as we all know, our smartphones are the biggest distractions. How many times have you opened Instagram for “10 minutes” but ended up scrolling through for hours? So the best way to avoid yourself from the distractions is you put your phone to airplane mode again or somewhere in a different room.
- NO MORE MULTITASKING: It is high time that you stop trying to multitask because no matter how efficient you think it is, your brain can’t go two separate ways at the same time. So focus on one task at a time and don’t try to juggle multiple things at the same time. This way you’ll get things done error free and your mind won’t drive you crazy
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Try investing in simple actions like exercising. It will not only improve your physical health, but you’ll also be able to relieve all the mental stress. Not to mention, you’ll be working towards your goal body! Try to exercise at least for an hour everyday.
- PAY ATTENTION TO THE ENERGY: Be aware of the highest level of energy that you experience in a day and set your work accordingly. If you are a morning person, you may find that you are more energetic when you get to work early and spend the first two hours of your day focused on your highest priority work. If you know you’re a night owl, you may notice that you are more effective and productive at work in the late afternoon.
It is very important to optimize your work and set your goals according to your daily routine which can really help you to lead to the most effective and productive lifestyle. I hope this blog helps you.